Bella Safaris Careers
|Senior Travel and Tours Consultant|
|Bella Safaris Limited|
Job Type (Middle, Back, Front)
Role this role reports to
Number and level of direct reports
Date of completion
|15 Feb 2021|
Role profile approved by
Chief Executive Officer
Overall Job Purpose
The key responsibility is to organize, plan, advice, research, and conduct long distance expeditions, travel, and tours for groups or individuals. To make sure that the travel runs smoothly from venue to venue without any issue. Required to confirm reservations and show times, and deal with venue managers, ticket agents and promoters. They also manage the schedules of the travel group and look after their finances. Delivering growth in the customer base and income targets.
Principal Accountabilities (85%)
- Prepare and translate itineraries to clients for the various destinations of interest and make sure that all travel arrangements run according to the program.
- Negotiate with our partners for better rates, commissions, and reduce tour costs.
- Cultivate a Good working relationship with Hotels, excursion coaches, Airlines and super agents.
- Exploring and identifying new business opportunities, travel destination, Partnerships.
- Researching, developing and creating timely interesting tour packages and itineraries, to clients to meet market demand.
- You may be required to accompany travel groups if need be.
- Create and sell innovative tour packages to meet market demand.
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Assists in developing marketing strategies to promote the company and boost company sales
- Contribute to writing dispatching email marketing campaigns and promote social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
- Handling enquiries for inbound and out bound travel
- Research destination and travel prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Research and study clients’ specifications and wishes
- Suggest suitable travel options that best suite clients’ needs
- Book tickets, reserve accommodation, organize rental transportation
- Inform clients and provide useful travel material such as guides, maps and event programs
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
- Making follow ups on clients who have been served before and the potential ones
Market Intelligence (5%)
- Collect market intelligence through research by reading articles, publications, internet, word of mouth and networking on a daily basis to keep abreast of market developments.
- Assess market opportunities with respect to competitor sales sources by remaining in touch with market forces and influences
- Manage knowledge capital by collecting, categorizing, storing, protecting and distributing the results of market research.
Operations & Compliance (5%)
- Actively keep up to date with all relevant knowledge, legislation and developments within the business unit and tourism industry that may have an impact on the Business Advantage
Risk & Control (5%)
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Role/ Person Specification
Education and Experience Required
Tourism Management degree / Tours and Travel degree or related degree
- Good working experience of MS Office is a must
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Communication, Networking & Interpersonal skills
- Presentations skills
- Computer Literacy, Microsoft Office
- Problem Solving skills
- Customer Centricity
- Report Formulation skills
- Negotiating skills
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Persuading and influencing
- Presenting and communicating information
- Relating and networking
- Creating and innovating
- Adapting and responding to change
- High standards of Integrity
- Team Player
- Adhering to principles and values
How to Apply
Creative content and Social Media Officer
Marketing, Advertising & PR
Tours and Travel
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
1 and above years
- Writing For The Web
- Writing For Print
- Social Media Communications & Ads Strategy
- SEO, Google Analytics &Ads Strategy
- Copy Editing
Bella Safaris Content and Social Media Specialist, Writer will be a key member of Bella Safaris growing Marketing & Communications department responsible for developing and distributing quality content that will boost the growth of Bella Safaris as a brand on social media and other online platforms, including Bella safaris YouTube LinkedIn and blog. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and executing a social media strategy that will aim to create and build meaningful connections which will eventually lead to an increase in brand awareness, number of followers, engagement and overall customer loyalty. S/he will responsible for developing and coordinating Bella safaris content and social media across the company. A high level of creative thinking, writing and design skills are required along with the ability to pay attention to detail. S/he will report to Bella safaris CEO.
The successful candidate will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. We work hard, innovate constantly and have fun. This is a great opportunity for a communications professional with a passion for learning and development to play a part in Africa’s transformation.
The Content and Social Media Specialist, Writer will collaborate across geographic departments to deliver quality and engaging content for different audiences across different markets. The position will be part of Bella safaris group level function working to build brand online presence, generate leads, and create loyalty among clients through the following responsibilities:
- Write original, compelling and engaging posts/articles drawing from a range of company thought leadership content and customer stories.
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines.
- Contribute to maintaining and coordinating a content marketing calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year.
- Copy-editing and proofreading marketing content and materials for errors and inconsistencies.
- Creating Google Ads Campaign to maintain a high level of Client Traffic on the website.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results.
Social Media & Campaign Marketing
- Write compelling social media posts and contribute to cross-cutting social media team to coordinate and develop relevant social media content.
- Develop and distribute compelling content across all Bella safaris social media platforms, the blog and the company website among other platforms.
- Use creative tools like adobe illustrator/Photoshop to come up with creative designs for use on social media and Google ads.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of content across different platforms to offer suggestions for improvement.
- Respond to online client’s comments within the shortest time possible.
- Work of social media efficiency and improve on response time.
- Work towards getting all our social media pages verified.
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Copyedit and proofread marketing content and materials for errors and inconsistencies
Skills & attributes
- Proven record of excellent content and social media writing/editing skills demonstrated in a professional portfolio.
- Creative design of social media posters.
- Strong subject/customer interviewing skills with an ability to turn interviews into compelling articles
- Hands-on experience with marketing management tools for social media and web content management tools, like WordPress, etc. (design and media production skills a plus)
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language
- High attention to detail; follows through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Experience managing and delivering marketing campaigns
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Strong people management and social skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
- Self-starter with a proactive approach, strong time management and prioritization skills
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience, with a degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or relevant field preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Proven content writing, social media, journalism and/or copywriting experience (experience writing for business publications or business learning outlets a plus)
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content