Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions
1. Does Bella Safaris do group joining safaris and how to go about it?
Yes, we do make tour groups from individual bookings for short small safaris to the Maasai Mara only on weekends (Friday to Sunday) at safari camps/Lodges in the same circuit to enable us maximize your stay and game drives. However, for medium and long-range safaris we recommend private safari tours to allow flexibility, for us to also personalize, according to your pace and choice of safari lodge / camp preferred. Go towww.bellasafaris.com to book the group tour safaris.
2. What does it mean by rate of per person sharing?
This means that two people will be sharing a room and each pays the rate given for the particular
3. What age is considered as teens, kids or infants when it comes to accommodation?
This varies from accommodation to accommodation and is subject to your hotel choice but mostly it’s
usually: 0-3 infants, 4-11yrs is a child and above 12yrs is considered as an adult.
4. What is a single room supplement/ extra?
Single room supplement is an extra fee imposed on single occupancy of a double/ shared room by hotels, safari lodges and tented camps. Our safari tour prices are based on per person sharing in a double room /tent. If someone chooses to have single occupancy of a room, the single room supplement applies. Single room / tent extras can be advised and organized by your tour manager.
5. What are festive seasons supplements?
Festive season supplements are an extra fee imposed by hotels/lodges and camps during the Kenya festive seasons this are Easter Season and Christmas Season.
6. What is the difference between a safari van and a safari jeep?
A safari jeep is a custom designed 4 x 4 Land Cruiser with pop up top for ease of photography during game viewing drives and sightseeing. The vehicle sits a maximum of 6 persons for guarantee window seats and access to the pop-up roof. The 4 x 4 Land Cruiser Jeep has several advantages on safari. These includes a higher elevation, better navigation on rough terrain, deeper reach, more comfort and brings out better the African adventure experience. Our 4X4 Safari van is also customized with a pop-up roof for safari and sits a maximum 6 pax. Also, the prices vary the van is the affordable option for a safari vehicle.
7. What is the difference between a safari lodge and a tented camp? SAFARI LODGE: A safari lodge is located in a remote Wildlife area and made up of a number of cottages / chalets spread over a landscaped land. Here in Africa, it shall be a main building which houses a restaurant, bar, gift shop together with the reception and also administration facilities. In most cases, there may be a swimming room. The lodge’s en-suite guestrooms are spread in smaller separate scattered cottages around the main central building. The atmosphere is usually rustic and compliments the natural surroundings while bringing in the essence of the wild Safari lodges vary in size, unique design, location and standards with a nice range in economy, comfort
and luxury categories.
SAFARI CAMPS: The safari tented camps share some similarities with safari lodges in layout, purpose and location. A tented camp is composed of the Main building (housing the public areas) usually thatched African style for effect. It may also be made of a large tent. The en-suite guest tents are scattered around the main building providing a private feel. The tented camp is a composition of large en-suite walk in tents which are built on a solid floor base and are complete with private bathrooms and a small terrace or veranda. Basically, they are rooms with the exterior being canvas rather than wood or brick. The tented camp complex may also have a swimming pool. Tented camps also range from the Economy, comfort, super comfort, luxury to the super luxury.
8. What is the luggage allowance for local airlines? The hand baggage (Max 5kgs) You are allowed one free piece as checked-in bag on board weighing 15Kgs. Any additional weight shall be charged.
9. How much is it if I want to travel with a pet for local airlines?
Incase you would want to travel with a pet please note that there is an extra charge and its treated as cargo. The extra charge will be determined by the kgs of your pet. The only exception is the pet is
trained as a guide to physically challenged persons such as the blind.
10. How do I make payment/payment options?
Account Name: Bella safaris NIC BANK: AC.1006054184
MPESA TILL NUMBER 505941
AIRTEL MONEY 290029