EXPLORE NAIROBI CITY WITH BELLA SAFARIS:
Exceptional Adventure !!!
(Africa’s safari capital & green city in the sun):
Kenya’s capital and largest city, Nairobi is legendary for its colorful colonial history.
It was once the capital of British East Africa, luring settlers who came here to stake their fortune in the coffee and tea industries. Today, you can explore the city’s famous historic sites, as well as some excellent wildlife-related attractions.
The Nairobi National Museum is a great one-stop spot to see exhibits on Kenya’s history, nature, culture, and contemporary art. Green thumbs will also enjoy the botanic gardens on the grounds. Another popular tourist attraction is the Karen Blixen Museum, the restored residence of the famous Danish author of the book Out of Africa, also known by her pen name, Isak Dinesen.
To see wildlife without venturing far from the city center, visit Nairobi National Park, now a black rhino sanctuary and also home to a diversity of other African wildlife.
BEST NAIROBI CITY EXCURSIONS, DAY TRIPS & THINGS TO DO WITH BELLA SAFARIS:
- Tour Nairobi’s museums: Browse the ethnographic and archaeological exhibits of the National Museum, which lies within walking distance of the city centre. And then head out to the suburban Karen Blixen Museum, which occupies the farmhouse made famous by the nominal author’s book, Out of Africa. The Nairobi Railway Museum also covers an important chapter of the city’s history.
- Enjoy Half Day or Full Day safari at Nairobi National Park-Nairobi’s first national park offers visitors a look at the region’s varied wildlife including wildebeest and lions. Tour the park on a jeep to see it in its entirety. Located Just 7 km south of Nairobi, it’s a quick getaway from the capital city. The park is generally dry except during the rainy season. Average day time temperature is 22oC/72oThe park is open year-round and always accessible. Visitors must enter the park in a vehicle. The best wildlife viewing is during the dry season (July – March). The rainy season (April – June) presents some difficulties on the wet roads.The park is open from 06:00 hrs. to 21:00 hrs. daily. Get there By road – from Nairobi’s center travel via Langata Road. You can book a full day or half day excursion with Aloha Expeditions.
- Take breakfast at Giraffe Manor-Giraffe Manor is an elegant boutique hotel that’s known not just for its stately beauty but its herd of resident Rothschild’s giraffes. Breakfast at the manor and you may just see them wandering over, curious about the new faces.
- Excursion to David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust-David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is one of the leading wildlife rescue and rehabilitation centres in Kenya. If the cause is close to your heart, you can adopt an elephant and give it a new lease of life.
- Watch various animals at Nairobi Safari Walk-Embark on an eye-opening adventure at Nairobi Safari Walk where you’ll be given a glimpse of Kenya’s rich wildlife. Bongos and albino zebras are just a couple of examples.
- Visit the Village Market- Contrary to its name, The Village Market is a sprawling shopping and recreation complex that has over 100 shops. Dine at restaurants like Khazana and Sofra, and shop for arts and crafts, cosmetics and jewellery.
- Nyama choma Lunch or Dinner at the Carnivore Restaurant-Carnivore is a non-vegetarian’s haven with an all-you-can-eat meat buffet. Nyama Choma or roast meat is the star here. Feast on round after round until you absolutely can’t anymore.
- Excursion Mamba Village- Mamba Village is a crocodile farm and East Africa’s largest. You’ll be introduced to different reptile species and their role in the ecosystem. You’ll also learn facts and interesting tidbits about these powerful creatures.
- Enjoy Sunset Paronamic view from K.I.C.C Helipad-Sunsets always look so much more beautiful from an undisturbed vantage point. K.I.C.C Helipad is the ultimate place to see the Kenya sunset, the cityscape and even Nairobi National Park in the distance.
- Participate in ostrich racing at Maasai Ostrich Farm- Maasai Ostrich Farm organizes several activities, one of which is ostrich racing. Keep in mind that although popular here, some find it distasteful and cruel.
- Visit Splash Water World
- Enjoy 7D Cinema at Thika Road Mall (TRM)- Thika Road Mall is home to the city’s most advanced theatre, 7D Cinema. It provides an incredibly immersive experience complete with bubble, smoke and water spray effects.
- Drink coffee at Java House- Savor the best of African coffee at Java House. The casual dining restaurant’s gourmet cafe culture is hugely popular among locals and tourists.
- Shop at Maasai Market-Shopping here is one of the best things to do in Kenya. The open-air market is where you can find great things to take back home like curios, paintings, prints and fabrics.
- Enjoy Nature Walk & lunch at Karura Forest- This urban forest boasts almost all 605 wildlife species found in Nairobi along with native flora. Enjoy lunch in the forest with the wealth of life around you.
Below is a schedule of where to catch these Jua Kali artisans and find that unique wedding gift or items for your home or wardrobe.
- Monday -There is usually no market on this day.
- Tuesday – Kijabe Street Park next to Nairobi River and Westgate (suspended )
- Wednesday – Capital Center along Mombasa rd
- Thursday – The junction Mall along Ngong road
- Friday – The Village market along Limuru road
- Saturday –The High court parking in the city Center opposite Re-Insurance Plaza
- Sunday –Yaya Center along Valley Road in Hurlingham
Best hotels in Nairobi Kenya
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi Upper Hill
- Villa Rosa Kempinski
- Hemingways Nairobi
- Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence, Nairobi Arboretum
- Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Nairobi
- Sankara Nairobi, Autograph Collection
- Nairobi Serena Hotel
- Tamarind Tree Hotel
- Hotel Fairmont The Norfolk
- dusitD2 nairobi
- Tribe Hotel, Village Market
- TradeMark Hotel
- Nairobi Serena Hotel
- Giraffe Manor
- Safari Park Hotel & Casino
- Sarova Stanley Hotel Nairobi
- InterContinental Nairobi
- Sarova Panafric – Hotel in Nairobi
- Crowne Plaza Nairobi
- Ole Sereni – Nairobi Airport Hotel
- Windsor Golf Hotel & Country Club
- Park Inn By Radisson Nairobi Westlands
- Four Points by Sheraton Nairobi Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn Nairobi Airport
- The Boma Nairobi
- Fairview Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Nairobi Airport
- DoubleTree by Hilton Nairobi Hurlingham
- Executive Residency by Best Western Nairobi
- Aero Club of East Africa
- City Lodge Hotel at Two Rivers
- City Lodge Hotel
- Hilton Nairobi
- Eka hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Nairobi Hurlingham
- The Concord Hotel & Suites
- Boma Inn hotel